Pasta and veggies (Maybe a primavera)
- Start boiling water in large pot about 6 qts
in large frying pan place
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 5 gloves garlic minced (you can use 1 tbl spoon from a jar)
- Small (4oz) can of black sliced olives
- ½ cup red cabbage sliced up thin
- 2 medium carrots sliced anyway you like but the slices must be about 1/8th inch thick
- Green pepper slices thin ¼ in slices
- Red pepper slices thin ¼ in slices
- 4 Scallions. the whole thing white and green part cut about 3/8 inch
- 3 cherry red hot peppers seeds out and chop them up
- Sugar snap beans pull the string out and leave them whole
- Broccoli cut up into pieces about the size of a half dollar
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes from a jar setting in oil not dried. sliced into pieces about the size of a half dollar. This is the flavor so it is a must, if you can get some of the oil from the jar so much the better.
- Put 1 pound pasta in the 6 qts of boiling salted water. for this I like to use bowtie pasta or penne
- Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on the veggies and season with salt and pepper.
- You can shake on ¼ tsb of Italian seasoning of you like or Mrs Dash
- Turn on heat under veggies high. When it starts boiling add 1/3 cut vodka (the cheap stuff). Cook veggies about 5 minutes or until they are tender (the alcohol will burn right off) . Do not overcook them, they should still be very crunch just softer than raw.
- Drain the pasta and poor in about 1/8 cup good olive oil and mix into pasta.
- Put pasta in a long oval dish and gently pour the veggies into the middle so the pasta gets pushed to the outside. Sprinkle a little cheese on the dish and Garnish with parsley
If you like to add chicken or shrimp. I like to do it this way. Put a cast iron pan on the burner and turn the heat on high. this should heat for about 5 min. Cut the chicken in thin strips about ¼ inch max. From this point on shrimp or chicken are cooked the same.